Check Center offers Netspend® Visa® Prepaid Cards to residents around the Bay Area. These prepaid Visa cards allow you to keep tabs on your spending habits, avoid high credit card interest rates, and to automatically receive and use funds. Simplify your finances and your life.
What Are the Advantages of Using a Prepaid Visa Card?
- Get Paid Fast4: As a cardholder, you can get paid, receive government benefits and even your tax return5 up to 2 days faster with direct deposit to your Check Center Netspend Visa Prepaid account4.
- Buy online: shop online with the security of a Visa brand card and receive shipments to your home.
- Pay bills: avoid the line and pay your bills online using the funds in your prepaid card account.
- Deposit checks using your mobile phone: adding funds to your card is more convenient than every. Snap a few photos of the check with your mobile phone and upload them to your account in a snap.
- 20% Off Check Cashing Fees: At Check Center, we treat our cardholders as VIPs. When you choose to cash your check and load your Check Center Netspend Visa Prepaid card, we’ll deduct 20% from your check cashing fee every time.
- Avoid Interest and Late Fees: If you have to keep track of a number of expenses and have been getting fined for dropping the ball now then, our prepaid visa cards are the way to go. Whether you need to stay on top of your bills, or shop online, you never have to worry about racking up interest or late fees like you would if you used a traditional credit or debit card.
- Keep Track of Your Spending: Request Netspend Anytime Alerts™ and receive a text message when there’s a transaction on your card so you know you’ve been charged correctly. You can also use the service to keep track of direct deposits, cash loads and balances, all free of charge2.
Get Your Prepaid Visa Card Today!
No credit check is required.1 To get the process started, call us toll-free at 1-888-593-5626, apply online, or visit the Check Center location nearest you. We have over 8 locations around the Bay Area, and are happy to help no matter where you live in our great state.
1 IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR OPENING A CARD ACCOUNT: To help the federal government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, the USA PATRIOT Act requires us to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens a Card Account. WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU: When you open a Card Account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and your government ID number. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying information. Card activation and identity verification required before you can use the Card Account. If your identity is partially verified, full use of the Card Account will be restricted, but you may be able to use the Card Account for in-store purchase transactions. Restrictions include: no ATM withdrawals, international transactions, account-to-account transfers and additional loads. Use of Card Account also subject to fraud prevention restrictions at any time, with or without notice. Residents of Vermont are ineligible to open a Card Account.
2 NetSpend does not charge for this service, but your wireless carrier may charge for messages or data.
3 This optional offer is not Metabank product or service nor does Metabank endorse this offer.
4 Faster access to funds is based on comparison of our immediate availability policy versus the typical banking practice of only posting funds after settlement. Direct Deposit and earlier availability of funds are subject to payor’s support of this feature and timing of payor´s funding.
5 Faster access to funds is based on comparison of Direct Deposit to a paper check. For up-to-date information from the IRS, visit www.irs.gov/refunds.
The Netspend Visa Prepaid Card is issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Netspend, a TSYS® Company, is an authorized Independent Sales Organization of MetaBank. Card may be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. Certain products and services may be licensed under U.S. Patent Nos. 6,000,608 and 6,189,787. Use of the Card Account is subject to activation, ID verification, and funds availability. Transaction fees, terms, and conditions apply to the use and reloading of the Card Account. See the Cardholder Agreement for details.
TSYS and Netspend are federally registered U.S. service marks of Total System Services, Inc. All other trademarks and service marks belong to their owners.