Working from home is hardly new, but with COVID-19 it is quickly becoming the new norm. Many professionals are now having to set up makeshift home offices and with that comes quite a few challenges.
Here are 5 ways you can improve your work from home space today.
1. Find a Dedicated Space – Even if you don’t have a separate room to set up an office, finding a space in your home that you can dedicate to your workspace is crucial. Make sure the space is well lit with natural light if possible and will give you privacy, even if that means setting up a room divider. Since you are working from home, your work needs to stay in your WORK space.
2. Make it Welcoming – Create an environment that you want to work in. Add a plant, light a candle, surround yourself with beautiful pictures. Amazon has great office space knickknacks that can turn your little nook into a private oasis you look forward to working in every day.
3. Invest in a Desk –You can create a desk from just about anything. It doesn’t have to be expensive but having a desk gives your space (however big or small) a work environment feel that can help keep you focused.
4. Get a Good Chair–No office space is complete without a comfortable chair. It’s hard to stay productive if you aren’t comfortable and without a good chair you could be facing back and neck problems.
5. Use good Tech Tools –You are probably used to having certain tools available to you while at the office. Make sure that you get the tools that you need for your own home office space. A few key tech tools that can make a difference are noise cancelling headphones, a good keyboard with a wrist pad, webcam for video conferencing, microphone, surge protectors, printer, scanner and don’t forget the coffee maker!
We’ve compiled an Amazon Idea list for everything you need to create your dream home office workspace here.
In the meantime, here are 3 ways Check Center can help get cash in hand to hold you over to your next paycheck.
1. Check Center offers several loan options to help you manage travel or entertainment expenses like including Payday Loans up to $255 and Personal Installment Loans up to $2,500.
2. We also offer our Check Center Netspend® Visa® prepaid cards that allow you to shop online with security, monitor your spending habits, receive cash fast, and avoid raking up the interest fees you´d accrue using credit.
3. Check Center has 2 locations across Northern California
- Berkeley, CA: 2005 San Pablo Ave., 94702
- Oakland, CA: 302 E. 18th Street, 94606
Click here to find the location near you.
Whatever your needs, you can trust us to be upfront. Check Center has developed a reputation for honest lending practices and being a community player. We donate a percentage of our yearly revenue towards scholarships and other community needs.
Let us help you show mom some love this year. Visit one of our convenient locations or www.checkcenters.com