Did you know that the IRS said it sent out over two million notices for math errors alone, so before you file you might want to take a few minutes to make sure your information is correct and ready to be filed?
Here are 6 tips to make sure your taxes are correct and on time to get your refund even faster.
1. Stay organized to avoid mistakes
2. Double check your paychecks
3. Be prepared for W-2’s and 1099s
4. Decide who will prepare and file your taxes
5. Research alternative solutions to hiring a tax professional
6. Consider “bunching” deductions
3 Ways Check Center can help you while you are waiting for your tax refund:
- Need your money now? Check Center can help you with a loan until you get your refund.
- Sign up to get your refund directly deposited onto your Check Center Netspend® Visa® Prepaid Card. Waiting for a check in the mail is a thing of the past with our prepaid card!
- Check Center has 2 locations across Northern California (Berkeley, CA;Oakland, CA;) to make getting your refund more convenient and even faster. Click here to find the location near you.