Take the July #CheckCenterChallenge to improve your money management this month. We have 5 challenges below to help you get better with your money so you can focus on what matters most to you. Some of these challenges will help you save, others will prevent you from spending, all will help you create a better relationship with your money.
Do these 5 things to save money this month.
1. Invest in You – The first step to getting better at managing your money is working on your relationship with your money. Spend time every day tracking your income and expenses. Look at your cash flow and create a monthly budget so you know exactly how much you need to earn to cover what’s going out. Think about your savings. Do you have an emergency fund? Are you saving for retirement? You may not have extra funds to set aside yet, but putting a goal in place is the first step to actually getting there.
2. Clean out Your Closet – The average person spends around $161 a month on clothes. You can save a lot by not spending money on fast fashion but focusing on building a closet full of classic staple pieces. While you are cleaning your closet out, you can also make money by selling the pieces you no longer want with apps like Poshmark, Vinted, Ebay, and ThreadUp.
3. Create a Budget –A monthly budget will help you manage how and what you spend your money on. That way you won’t have any surprises at the end of the month. Apps like Spendee can help you if you don’t know where to start.
4. Use Cash Back Apps –Make money when you spend money. You’ll be spending money on groceries, so you might as well make a little money at the same time. With the app Fetch, you just snap a picture of your receipt and earn points that can be used to redeem e-gift cards from Target, Amazon and more.
5. Turn Auto Investing On –Chime is actually a bank/online app that has an automatic savings program as one of it’s main perks.The bank rounds up each transaction to the nearest dollar, and sets the money into a savings account. They also add a 10% reward to the money you set aside – up to $500 per year. The savings account yields a paltry .01%, but the rewards and automation more than make up for it.
In the meantime, here are 3 ways Check Center can help get cash in hand to hold you over to your next paycheck.
1. Check Center offers several loan options to help you manage travel or entertainment expenses like including Payday Loans up to $255 and Personal Installment Loans up to $2,500.
2. We also offer our Check Center Netspend® Visa® prepaid cardsthat allow you to shop online with security, monitor your spending habits, receive cash fast, and avoid raking up the interest fees you´d accrue using credit.
3. Check Center has 2 locations across Northern California
- Berkeley, CA: 2005 San Pablo Ave., 94702
- Oakland, CA: 302 E. 18th Street, 94606
Click here to find the location near you.
Whatever your needs, you can trust us to be upfront. Check Center has developed a reputation for honest lending practices and being a community player. We donate a percentage of our yearly revenue towards scholarships and other community needs.
Let us help you show mom some love this year. Visit one of our convenient locations or www.checkcenters.com